I am ever so delighted to share this book with you, my reader friends. This was my very first official cozy mystery book to read and I do believe I have since fallen in love with this genre. Since finishing this book, I have read an Agatha Raisin mystery (which I loved) and am currently working on a book in a different series by the author who wrote today's feature...
Daisies for Innocence
Ellie, a young woman who has a special touch with plants and flowers and aromatherapy and such. Maybe not so much of a special touch, but a magical touch. Her best friend who bakes cookies everyday to bring into her shop, Scents and Nonsense. A handsome guy who's just come back to town who she had a crush on when she was a teenager. A corgi and a cat. A charming small town setting. Fun side characters with a bit of quirkiness thrown in for some spice. Oh, and an enchanted garden. And, of course, murder.
Seriously, what more could you ask for in a cozy mystery?!?!
This book grabbed me from page one. I was immediately drawn into the small town of Poppyville, the aromatherapy shop, the enchanted garden. And I also really enjoyed following Ellie, the main character, as she sought to clear her name as a suspect and solve the murder of her employee, who just so happened to be dating her ex-husband. Which she only found out the day before the body was discovered outside Ellie's shop.
I loved every minute I spent reading this one. It was such a fun book! I did suspect the killer as I read the story, but it was fun to see if I was correct and to see how it all played out. This book also had similar vibes to the "Good Witch" movies on Hallmark, which also made it extra fun.
This is the first in what I believe is a series of three books. And I will most definitely be looking for those as I can't wait to read more of Ellie's story and join her in more mystery solving.
5 stars from me!
