Saturday, October 14

the cottage library ♥ field guides by katie daisy


Today I have a real gem to share with you from my bookshelf. In fact, I have two gems.

I have long been a fan of Katie Daisy and her artwork. I always get her yearly planner and I have gotten her wall calendar a couple times, as well. I've used her stickers in my journaling, and my sister and I got our mom one of her tea towels for Christmas a few years back. Needless to say, I absolutely love her artwork.
 
Her two field guides are no exception. They are stunning!
 
I love having a collection of coffee table books in my bookshelf. Sometimes I find myself in the mood for a book but not really in the mood for reading. And I find that coffee table books are the perfect answer to that dilemma.

How to be a Wildflower and How to be a Moonflower are put together in the same way. They are absolutely filled to the brim with gorgeous artwork and quotes. Those two things are some of my favorites, so I love just flipping through and finding a new favorite quote to add to my journal. Or just to admire the artwork. There are also a few recipes, journal prompts, adventure ideas, and other fun things scattered throughout these books as well. They are perfect for nature lovers as she really put a beautiful emphasis on enjoying and delighting in nature.

I find these books gentle, healing, comforting, beautiful, sweet, inspiring, and fun. They are magical in every way imaginable, and I just love them to bits. They are a true gem in my book collection.

 
 Are you familiar with Katie Daisy's artwork? What are some of your favorite coffee table books?

2 comments:

  1. I had not heard of Katie Daisy, but now her washi tape is on my wish list! My favorite coffee table books are English/French cottage decorating and travel books. I also like vintage Victoria and Hobby Farm Home magazines. Oh, and gardening books. And Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. I wasn't supposed to just choose one, was I? 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Her washi tape is gorgeous and I think she just released it, too. I've gotten her stickers for my journaling and they're so pretty. I just adore her style and use of color.

      I collect Victoria magazines and have since I as in my early twenties, along with Tea Time. And I, too, love Gooseberry Patch. I have a little collection, most of which I found at used bookshops for a great price. Such fun! :)

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!