Wednesday, October 18

a flip-through of my creative journal ♥ a vlog

Morning, friends!

Today I have a special treat for you... 

I have filmed a short vlog of a flip through of my creative journal. 

I began this journal late last year and just finished it late August/early September. This is truly a beloved hobby of mine, and I'm so glad I finally, finally delved into journaling after wanting to for literally years. 

I hope you enjoy this short little vlog! You can watch it HERE.

And do let me know if you enjoy this sort of thing...I'd love to do more of this in the future!

May your day be lovely and filled with magical moments!

 ♥

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this video. I had my 9 yo watch it with me because I thought she would be interested in starting her own commonplace journal. Tomorrow we plan to stop at the Dollar Tree so she can choose some stickers and other embellishments for the pages. I think this will be a meaningful hobby for her, and it will be fun to see her personality and creativity shine through the pages. Can you tell me the dimensions (length and width) of your commonplace book? I know there are no "rules" on the size, but I like how the pages you used seem to fit quite a lot. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to you and your daughter for watching my video! I love that your daughter is going to start journaling...it's become such a fun hobby for me. And the Dollar Tree is where I find a lot of my stickers and other decorative touches. They have such a great variety, and of course, you can't beat the price! I hope she has so much fun! :)

    As for my journal, I will link it below, as I got it on Amazon. Like you mentioned, I love having space on the pages for adding lots of little details and such. The one I use is 7 x 10 inches but there is also a smaller version. Again, I do like the space, though, of the larger one. The link is right here if you want to check it out:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTVDF5X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

    I really appreciate you taking the time to share with me in a comment...it's such a delight hearing from you!

    Have a lovely day and happy journaling to your little girl! ♥ I plan on sharing more journaling videos in the future as well, so hopefully you will enjoy those, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for linking the journal you use! I just ordered it. I'm really looking forward to helping my daughter start her very own journal. I think it will be a delightful part of our homeschooling days! Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome! I hope your daughter has the best time with her journal...it's such fun! Happy weekend to you, too ♥

      Delete
  3. As a paper crafter, I love this so much! I enjoy cutting pictures out of old calendars or magazines and saving them for things like this. I even check the thrift store for inexpensive books with images and words I can use. It is so leisurely and relaxing to look at all the beautiful pictures and collect the ones I want for myself. And I have loved stickers and notebooks (and gel pens) ever since I was a little girl. Thank you for showing us your crafty journal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the exact same thing with old calendars! Lots of the pages in my journal have cut-outs from old calendars that I've been collecting since I was a young teenager. I've loved all these paper crafting things since girlhood, too...only now I can do it without the pressure of perfection that I used to put on myself. So much more fun now!

      Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!