So I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan of bucket lists and goal lists and those sorts of things. I prefer to just fly by the seat of my pants and let things happen as organically as possible. I don't like to plan things out too much...just a bit. I have learned that this way is what works best for my personality and just the way I am made. I have tried being more strict and rigid and more of a planner and it just stresses me out, causes me to have unrealistic expectations, and to not enjoy life as much as I should. But, I thought it would be fun to put together a very loose and incredibly simplistic autumnal bucket list. These are things I pretty much do every single year anyway, but I enjoyed writing it all out and seeing with my eyes all the many things to look forward to in the autumn. Being that it's already October, a few of these are already completed or in the process of being completed. It was fun to quietly sit and ponder all the many things to do and delight in during September, October, and November.
So, here you have it...
My simple autumn bucket list...
♥ Complete my October blog series {{smiles}}
♥ Watch Halloween movies
~ Halloweentown movies
~ Hocus Pocus
~ Casper movies from the 90's
~ The Nightmare Before Christmas (my first time!)
~ Double, Double, Toil and Trouble
♥ Read at least 3 cozy mystery novels
♥ Watch Harry Potter
♥ Watch The Hobbit
♥ Carve a pumpkin for Halloween
♥ Celebrate the first day of Autumn
♥ Celebrate Hobbit Day
♥ Hang my autumnal bunting in my room
♥ Have an autumnal tea party
♥ Bake seasonal treats
♥ Notice the leaves changing color
♥ Have a cozy homey Halloween with a comforting meal and festive dessert and movies
♥ Light my new seasonal "apple pumpkin" candle
♥ Take a walk as many days as possible *outside*
♥ Return to my knitting project
♥ Watch Halloween and Thanksgiving episodes of The Middle
♥ Wear cozy clothes that make me feel like myself
♥ Wear seasonal earrings...because it's fun
♥ Drink tea in a pretty mug in the evenings
♥ Hang twinkly fairy lights on the shelf in my room
♥ Take pictures of the autumnal beauty
♥ Prepare a full Thanksgiving dinner using our traditional recipes
♥ Watch the Macy's Day Parade
♥ Watch Gilmore Girls
♥ Tidy up my room for the seasonal change
♥ Read cozy novels
♥ Wear lots of cardigans and boots with thick socks
♥ Read picture books for Halloween and Thanksgiving
♥ Continue on my journaling
♥ Wear warm pajamas and fluffy socks
♥ Switch to my autumnal/winter purse
♥ Read Nigel Slater's Christmas Chronicles starting in November
♥ Enjoy healthy hot cacao before bed
♥ Make my bed as cozy as possible with added comforters, blankets, and layers
♥ Wear cowls and scarves with my outfits
♥ Cook lots of comforting, nourishing meals
♥ Make lots of soups and enjoy the soup season to the fullest!
♥ Just enjoy every single little bit of autumn...
savour all the tiniest details and delights.
Breathe it all in...
slow down and keep things simple.
What are you most looking forward to this autumn? What have you already delighted in this autumn? Do share with me!
.png)
I love so many things on your bucket list! And I feel similar about lists in general. I love making them to get the thoughts out of my head and onto paper, but the moment I notice the list becoming my master instead of my servant, I crumple it up and say, "You're not the boss of me!" 😂
ReplyDeleteWe are getting our first cool front tonight, which will have the temperature drop to 75°. That's not exactly chilly, but I'll take it over the 100° we've been having! I will most likely get the cardigans out and pretend wearing them is totally warranted.
One thing on my bucket list- and I'm not sure it will be possible but I'm dreaming anyway- is to visit a state park about 3 hours away. It is full of maple trees and I would just LOVE to see the leaves change colors, as they don't where I live.
I also want to take advantage of early evenings and watch Anne of Green Gables. There is a new season of Gilded Age coming out too, and I'm excited about that.
I've been hunting around on ebay and thrift books for autumnal picture books for the children (and me), so I will feature those in our reading times.
I want to have a s'mores roasting party too!
Sorry for the novel but fall makes me giddy 😉
Your list sounds absolutely delightful, Kelsey! We, too, haven't had the most autumnal weather yet, but I am definitely aching to wear my sweaters and cardigans...we usually don't have "official" fall until November around here.
DeleteI want to wear sweaters so badly but where I live is still summer...and no, I'm not in the southern hemisphere :( this should be the moths that led to eat chestnuts roasted on the fire, morning frost, rainy days, cold maybe snow..but no. Still 30° outside, the sun is shining and we are still in our summer outfit. Well, this is sad...
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your autumn posts by the way, I can feel the season :)
Thank you for the kind words! Our weather is the same here...I'm dreaming of chilly, crisp days and wearing my sweaters, finally. We've had one day like that so far but I'm so aching for true, autumnal weather.
Delete