Thursday, October 12

From My Kitchen ♥ Cranberry Orange Scones


Scones are a beloved favorite of mine. They hold a special place in my heart for so many reasons! One of those being that I so love how there are so very many different varities of scones that you can make. I have made chocolate chip, pumpkin spice, chocolate and peanut butter, red velvet and just regular ones, too. Each one has been scrumptious, and I thought these Cranberry Orange Scones would be the perfect ones to share for this October series. 

They are vegan, so no dairy. You could of course use butter if you wish, but I opted for the vegan route this time and they tasted amazing!


Cranberry Orange Scones
  1. 2 cups flour
  2. 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
  3. 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil (solid & chilled)
  4. 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
  5. 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  6. zest of 2 navel oranges
  7. 3 teaspoons baking powder
  8. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  9. 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
  10. 2 teaspoons organic raw sugar 

  11. Preheat oven to 400*F. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together. Add solid coconut oil to bowl and using a pastry cutter, cut the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until the mixture begins to form fine crumbs (it will look like wet sand).

  12. Stir in the cranberries and orange zest. Add the almond milk to the flour mixture and stir until the mixture forms a soft dough and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl (Add additional almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time if your dough is too dry and crumbly). Turn the dough out onto a parchment lined cooking sheet sprinkled with flour and shape into a circle, 7- 8 inches wide and 1/2 an inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles and gently separate scones, giving them enough room to spread out as they bake. Brush with melted coconut oil and sprinkle with raw sugar.

  13. Bake for 20 -25 minutes until golden and edges begin to brown.

Cool completely and then enjoy with a nice, hot, cuppa tea!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I need to try this delicious recipe. I love that it is a healithier version and contains cranberries and orange.... How scrumptious! Hmmm...they must be good with a cup of strong tea! ((Smiles)). Thank you for sharing, dear Libby! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, dear friend!

      Oh, I so agree with you! I love finding and even tweaking recipes to make them healthier and tasty all at the same time {{smiles}} These scones are the perfect combination of healthiness and yumminess! We loved these and they are indeed so good with a cup of hot tea! But then again, what isn't {{winks}}

      Hope you are well...thinking of you all!

      Have a perfectly lovely weekend, Kelly-Anne! Chat soon ♥

      Love and joy to you!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!