Sunday, October 29

From My Kitchen ♥ Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


This week I'll be sharing all about our annual bread baking day. It's a tradition that we have held onto for many years and one that I hope will continue to stick around for many, many years to come. It's one of those traditions that I can't wait to bring into my own home and family someday.

Each year, we have a standard couple of bread that we make. Always pumpkin. Always banana nut. But I also love to throw a little fun in the mix and choose one or two new recipes to try each year, with hopes to find a new favorite. Today's recipe is one of those sorts...

A long time ago, I made some chocolate chip and pumpkin brownies and then another year they were muffins. Those were our first introductions in just how well those two flavors marry together. The cinnamon and pumpkin flavor really compliments the chocolate chips. 

This recipe is super simple to pull together, and makes a great homemade gift for friends, family, or neighbors, or even as an addition to a bake sale at church. People won't be able to keep their hands off this delectable treat! Just you wait and see...


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

3 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 can of pumpkin puree (not the pie filling!)
1 1/2 cups oil
1 package chocolate chips

In a large (!) mixing bowl, combine the ingredients in the order listed. Be sure to mix thoroughly and make sure everything is totally combined together. 

Pour into greased bread pans and bake at 350*F for 50-60 minutes, or until they pass the toothpick test. 

Times may vary depending on the size of your bread pans. I opted for the small pans on this day, but the large pans work fine, too. You just may need to keep the bread in the oven a bit longer.

Cool completely (if you can wait that long), and slice, serve and enjoy. 

These also freeze beautifully. Simply wrap each loaf in a double layer of plastic wrap, and freeze until later use.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, now this sounds simply too delicious for words! I have to try this recipe, dear Libby! Some very dear friends of ours who are American, have invited our family for Thanksgiving dinner...we are so excited! Perhaps a loaf of this yummy bread would make a good hostess gift.... Thinking of you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, dear Kelly-Anne!

      Oh, thank you so much for all your delightful comments! It was a joy to find them in my inbox this morning {{smiles}}

      I am so excited that you all will get to celebrate Thanksgiving! Will this be your first time? I can assure you that the Thanksgiving meal is one of the best, if not THE best, meals of the entire year! Oh, you will have such fun and enjoy plenty of tasty foods, I'm sure! I can't wait to hear what you think of Thanksgiving!! It's one of my favorite holidays :)

      Hope all is well with you and your dear family! WIshing you a lovely November and a beautiful Sunday ♥

      Love and hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!