Today I'm sharing one of my new favorite drinks. This has become my go-to drink of choice, and I love it!! My mom received this recipe from someone she used to know over twenty-five years ago. I had never had it before and when I was going through her old family recipe box I came across this drink mix recipe. She picked up the ingredients and I made up a batch that night. It was so good, that we just had to share with a friend. I packaged up a good amount of the mix in a cute little jar, added some baker's twine and it was the perfect gift!!
To make this recipe suit my personal taste, I used decaf tea, and greatly reduced the amount of sugar. The subtle spice flavor goes perfectly with the citrus and tea combination..it's a winner all around, and the absolute perfect drink for these cold, grey and damp fall days. I hope you'll make some for yourself and maybe even give some away, too....
Perfectly Spiced Tea
1 cup instant tea (can use decaf)
2 cups Tang instant drink mix
1/3 cup pure cane sugar
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup instant lemonade mix (optional)
Combine all together and store in a jar or airtight container.
To prepare:
Use 2-3 tsp. for 1 cup of boiling water.
Enjoy on a crisp, Autumn night!
♥



