Yesterday I shared a wonderful, and oh-so-easy, recipe for Autumn Chowder. One of our favorite things to eat with soups or chowders is homemade biscuits. This just so happens to be what we consider the best. I came across this recipe on a favorite blog that I love visiting, and the light texture and buttery flavor of these lovely biscuits can't be beaten!
Simply the Best Homemade Biscuits
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
In a large mixing bowl, gently stir the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt and sugar together. Then, using a pastry blender, two knives or your hands, cut in the cold, cubed butter. You should end up with a crumbly mixture that resembles a sandy texture.
Finally, combine the milk and egg and then gently stir this mixture into the flour mixture.
Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake at 400*F for about 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
Serve with butter and your favorite fruit preserves, honey, or whatever you like best!
Hello dear Libby...
ReplyDeleteI am so enjoying your Autumn series, my friend! These biscuits look so delicious...and what a good idea to serve them with hearty soup!
Hope your week is off to a simply marvellous start!
Hugs!
Hello, lovely friend!
DeleteThank you so much for your lovely and thoughtful words you left on my past several blog posts. I am so glad you're following along with this series...I'm having such fun writing these posts and putting it all together! You know me...anything relating to home, food, and seasonal beauty is right up my alley!
There's much more fun coming, too! October just began! {{smiles}}
I hope you and your family are well! Thinking of you all, and hope to chat soon!
Love and hugs ♥