Sunday, October 22

A Simple Way to Bring Warmth into Your Home


For today's post, I am rearranging my planned schedule of themed posts on Sundays. I have several themed posts that will be coming up toward the end of this series, as well as quite a few that will flow over into November. For today, though....

During the summer, I had some fun experimenting with different essential oils to create a sweet smelling room spray. I love spritzing a bit of something lovely here and there, but most of the products you will find in a grocery store are loaded with chemicals and things that you don't really want to breathe in. I came across a base recipe for natural, healthy room sprays and have since had so much fun creating seasonal scents. 

Here's what I came up with for Autumn, and it could well go into Christmas and wintertime, too. It smells delightfully inviting and full of a warm, cozy feeling. Spritz just a bit, and your whole room will smell delicious!

Warm Autumn Room Spray

Equal parts water and witch hazel (or vodka)
15 drops Clove essential oil
15 drops Orange essential oil
8 drops Cinnamon essential oil 

Combine all together in a spray bottle, shake to mix well, and then enjoy the scent of a warm, cozy atmosphere!

2 comments:

  1. What delightful, creative idea dear friend! I love room sprays but have yet to find one that is my idea of a little bit of heaven....((smiles))
    I must try this recipe...bit perhaps as it is coming up for Summer Jere in South Africa, something lighter would be a good idea...so I'll be saving your lovely idea for Fall!
    Hugs to you, Libby....will write to you later today....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Kelly-Anne!

      Oh, yes! Room sprays are so delightful! I found that a lovely combination for summertime is lavender and lemon essential oils. Our lemon essential oil also has eucalyptus in it, and that adds a little extra something special {{smiles}} It was very refreshing and cool smelling...we used it so much during the summer months. I must admit though, that I am so happy to be using warm scented oils now!!

      Have a lovely Sunday, sweet friend! Thinking of you all ♥

      Love and hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!