Tuesday, October 10

From My Kitchen ♥ Easy Sweet Cornbread


Today's recipe is a sure favorite of my family's...

Several years ago, I went on a search for the perfect cornbread recipe. It took awhile, but I finally came across this recipe. I have made it ours over the years and now it's perfect. It's a great sidekick to chili, chicken dishes, soups or just as it is on it's own. 

Here's how you make it, ya'll...

Easy Sweet Cornbread

1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup oil

Combine all of the ingredients in the order listed in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a greased baking pan (9x13 inch) or a cast iron skillet, and bake at 350*F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this was such a happy post, dear friend! Always enjoy visits with you...
    Your sweet cornbread looks and sounds scrumptious! I need to try it!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!