
October greetings, dear ones! I don't know about you, but I am so enjoying this cozy series. It is reminding me of all my favorite things about autumn, home and just everything in general.
This morning, I want to invite you to put your kettle on, pour a cup of something warm and delicious and perhaps pop a cookie or two on a plate. Curl up under your fluffiest blanket and settle in...
I'm taking you along for a wee tour of my autumn bedroom.
Autumn approaches and the heart begins to dream.
-Basho-
As soon as the air begins to feel the slightest bit cool, I bring out all my autumn decor. Most of my things have been collected over the past several years, all throughout my teenage years. Many were found on sale for a bargain price and some are things that I've made here or there. I love using a lot of mugs to decorate because they are a favorite thing of mine. I think they're so cute on shelves or hooks, and it also makes it super easy when I want to make a cup of something warm.
Two of my bedroom walls are all bookshelves, so it makes decorating a bit interesting. I don't have tons of space to hang seasonal things on the wall, nor do I have tons of space to place things out and about. I have found that little knickknacks add a special sort of charm to my bookshelves, and I also find that it's easy to tuck a few things away for the season to make room for autumnal beauty.
I have a strange fascination with autumn.
-unknown-
Teacups are one of my loves. I have an ever-growing collection that I started in 2015. While I don't necessarily have seasonal teacups, I do pull out a few that I feel have that autumn look..whether in color, design or pattern. Candles and old jars are also favorite things I love to decorate with. I collect old glass jars of any sot of shape and size and use them in my decorating all year round. I sometimes add a bit of washi tape, baker's twine, lacy ribbon or something similar to make them a bit more special. And they're totally free! They would end up in the recycling bin anyway, so why not make good use of them with decorating?!?! {{smiles}}
I hope you enjoyed this week's vlog, friends! I would love to hear how you decorate your space for autumn...so please do share below!
Until tomorrow...
♥





I love your new video! "Cozy" is the word that perfectly describes your room. It is so homey and I can see the love you put into decorating it with the things you enjoy. I love your mug with the pumpkins on it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to have those bookshelves. I think books, aside from the adventures that they hold, make the perfect decorations in themselves. Nothing is as warm and comforting as a shelf full of books and a comfortable chair in which to enjoy them, in my opinion.
I am a bit behind on blog reading but am enjoying your series. We have been painting our bedroom and hopefully today we can get it all put back together. I'm hoping to add some fall touches. I have some faux pumpkins that I put out every year (purchased at Hobby Lobby years ago at 80% off!), but this will be the first time they find their way into the bedroom. I'm also thinking of getting some fairy lights to string along somewhere for a soft, gentle glow.
Have a lovely day, Elizabeth, and thank you for showing us your cozy space!