Good morning, reader friends!
How delighted I am to have you for a visit this beautiful summery Sunday! I invite you to make yourself extra cozy and perhaps get a cup of something delicious, maybe a cookie or two, and curl up in your most comfortable corner, and join me for a bit of something fun...
A while back I saw a fellow home-loving woman on Instagram share a collection of all her favorite cozy homely homes from TV shows and movies that she loved. I thought it was a grand idea and I so enjoyed looking through her collections. Many of the homes she shared, I loved too, and others I wasn't as familiar with, I immediately saw what she liked about them so much in each and every photograph she shared. So I am borrowing her idea and have decided to create an ongoing series of what I am calling Cozy Homely Homes.
In each entry in this series, I want to share with you a home that I love, whether it be from a favorite TV show or movie. There are several homes that I've seen across the internet that I find incredibly cozy and wonderful, but I really do not like the show or movie they appear on. So they will not be included; after all, this is also a sort of recommendation for the show or movie they come from, too.
So, if you love homes and admiring them when you watch TV, and even find yourself gathering ideas and inspiration from these homes, then this series is for you...
I really hope you enjoy perusing these posts as much as I enjoy putting them together. I must tell you, it's great fun searching for pictures to share of my most favorite cozy homely homes from my most favorite shows and movies...
Let's begin, shall we?
Okay. So it was a total no-brainer as to where I should begin. If you know me, you will very well know that Gilmore Girls is one of "my shows". I love it so much, and one of the things I love best about the show is the Gilmore house. I mean, just look at it. It's glorious, isn't it?
I love porches. Big, wide ones, especially. And if they have wicker furniture and a swing...I'm there. And the Gilmore house has it all! Just looking at the exterior, it makes you want to know what the inside looks like.
So, let's go inside, shall we?
(Before we begin, let me quickly say that in season five, Lorelai and Luke do a major renovation of the house. It's a sort of "glow up", if you want to call it that. I am not a fan of the changes made, so all of the photographs that I am sharing here today are from before the renovation.)
The kitchen. Even though the Gilmores rarely, if ever, do much cooking in here...except for opening frozen pizzas and taquitos and popping them in the oven or warming up a Poptart for breakfast...it is an incredibly cozy and warm kitchen. I love that the kitchen table is in the middle of the room, and that there is a window over the sink.
The Gilmore living room just exudes coziness. My favorite things are the worn-in, squishy sofa and the wingback chair, all the lamps and how the room is always lit with such warm, soft lighting. I love how it looks comfortable and lived in and totally without any pretension. It's the kind of room where you can take your shoes off and put your feet on the coffee table and just settle in.
A little admiration for the beautiful fireplace...I love how this was before TVs were hung over the fireplace. (I really HATE that!)
A look at the couch. I'm a fan of comfy, squishy couches that you sink into, and couches that allow you to tuck your feet up under you as you curl up under a blanket. This is that kind of couch. And the desk in the left corner is gorgeous, too.
Rory's bedroom...lots of bookshelves, and again, soft, warm lighting. I love her bed as well...the old-fashioned style suits my fancy just right.
Lorelai's bedroom...I do so love an iron bedframe, her lamps, quilts, and just the overall comfortable-ness of her style. If you've seen the show, you know her room is always a bit disheveled and such, and while that's not really my style (I like things a bit more orderly), I much prefer that to all the minimalistic styles that are the norm in most current shows and movies.
Now, for a quick look at Sookie's house. Sookie, Lorelai's best friend and business partner, lives in a gorgeous home more in the middle of town with her farmer husband, Jackson and their children. I always love Sookie's style and all the COLOR in her home. I love her floral chair and pinstripe sofa and all the little details. Also, her big windows, letting the natural light in. Yes, please.
Seriously, if I could combine bits of Lorelai's home and pieces Sookie's home, I would have the most beautiful, perfect home.
While Sookie's kitchen is a bit small, I love her windows and shelves and all these little vases on display.
Another peek of Sookie's kitchen and the dining area...
Now, for the Dragonfly Inn, where Lorelai and Sookie work. Big porch, window boxes, lots of flowers, yellow exterior. Oh, my heart.
The kitchen at the inn. Isn't it gorgeous? Love those shelves above the door for all of Sookie's cookbooks.
For the most part, I absolutely love the style of the Inn's interior. I love the mix and match of colors, patterns, textures, and styles. It just oozes coziness.
That fireplace. And the curtains. And the lights above the mantle. And the floral wingback chairs.
Another angle. Another peek at beauty.
A look at one of the rooms at the Inn. I sure wouldn't mind staying in a room that looked like this, especially if it was in Stars Hollow.
And, to end this collection of Gilmore Girls goodness, I had to include a photo of the Gilmore house at Christmastime. How magical does it look?!?! This house is one of my dream fictional houses, most definitely. There's just so much to love.
And while I'm at it, if you want a show that exudes coziness in abundance, then Gilmore Girls is the one to watch. Stars Hollow is the most charming town and everything about the show is fun, quirky, and yes, cozy.
There you have it, friends. A little peek at the first of many cozy homely homes.
I do hope you enjoyed this post...do let me know your favorite fictional cozy homely homes. Who knows, we may share some favorites and you may recognize some in the upcoming entries in this series. I can't wait to share more with you!
Until next week, may your day be lovely and filled with delights and your nights be restful and filled with peace.
*All photos from Gilmore Girls are taken from Google.*


















