Dear friends,
Today I find myself filled with a special sort of delight and excitement is whirling around inside me. You see, it is finally time for me to cordially invite you to my annual October series here at my Inglenook.
This has been a tradition of mine for the past six years. And I mustn't lie...this is truly the highlight of the year for me when it comes to blogging. As the summer heat sets in and the daylight lasts long into the evening, I begin to ponder what I should write about come October. My late summer days are spent dreaming up a series that encompasses a message I wish to share with my dear friends and readers. In the past, I have shared on a variety of topics, including Celebrating the Autumn Table, Growing a Gentle Life, and Splendour in the Ordinary.
As some of the messages each year collide and intermingle a bit...as they naturally do because certain topics are just the passion of my heart...I do enjoy carefully selecting a general theme each year. And this year's excites me with a special little sparkle around it. I am thrilled to announce this year's October series is entitled,
A Time for Cozy.
As always, this series is thirty-one days long, beginning on October 1st and ending on October 31st. I will be sharing new posts each day along with several vlogs mixed in for a bit of something different and fun. Some of the topics I wish to share on include: creating a cozy home, traditions and rituals, homemaking rhythms, cozy cooking and baking, some of the delights in the cozy life, and plenty more!
Consider this your personal invitation...
I'm welcoming you into my home for this series. The kettle is whistling, mugs and teacups are set out and waiting. There's hot chocolate, apple cider, herbal teas and coffee to choose from. Loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread and apple spice bread are just coming out of the oven and their scents of spices and goodness are wafting through the air. Spicy scented candles are lit and gently flickering, and there's a fire lit in the hearth. On the couch, you'll find a pile of blankets to curl up and get cozy in...feel free to put your feet up...we're casual at our home. Soft music is playing in the background, probably a soundtrack from a period drama or movie or something Celtic, if we're being specific. The conversation is sprinkled with lots of laughter, heartfelt chattering and overflowing fun. There's no rush or pressure. It's a gentle time, a slow time, a gracious time. A stay-as-long-as-you-want kind of visit.
That's what I want this series to be for both you and me.
As autumn softly makes her entrance for this year, may we take time to create, savour, and cultivate coziness. And it is my sincere hope and desire that this series will kindle a bit of that enchantment and coziness for you.
May your day be a beauty, lovely friends!
See you on the first of October!
♥

Sounds perfectly lovely!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Billie Jo! Hope you'll come around and visit in October ♥
DeletePeace be with you!
October 1 is my birthday and
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine a better start to my new year,
Oh, how lovely! My mom's birthday is also on the first of October {{smiles}}
DeleteHope to see you around in October, Lieneke! Peace be with you ♥
That's funny! Blessings for your mom!!
DeleteThanks!!💕
I'm so excited! Fall is my absolute favorite season. The cool weather has come earlier than usual here in Texas and I look forward to enjoying every bit of it.
ReplyDeleteI found you a couple weeks ago via IG (@springcreekfarmgirl) and have since been checking your blog, eagerly awaiting your posts. Your new series is the perfect welcome! In the meantime, I'm going to explore the ones from years past.
Kelsey, your comment was such a delight to read! I'm so glad you found my blog and hope that you'll visit in October! I am so excited to share this cozy series...all of us autumn lovers can celebrate the beauty and wonder of the season ♥
DeleteThank you for taking the time to share...hope to see you next month!
Peace be with you!
I'm looking forward to it. I need this!
ReplyDeleteBless you, dear Kathy! I hope you enjoy this series and I am delighted to have you following along this October ♥
DeletePeace be with you,
Elizabeth