Happy first day of May, friends!
My, can you believe that May is already here! It seems as though we were just saying hello to a new year, then springtime came faster than a blink, and here we are welcoming May. I had intended on uploading a new vlog today, as I have decided that Fridays will be video days for me. However, the video that I want to share has many parts and I simply couldn't get it edited in time. So next week it will have to be..I am so excited to share this video though! I think all you lovers of home and baking will enjoy it too...at least I hope so. I know it sure was fun to film! {{smiles}}
April was a rather delightful month, even with all the topsy-turviness of the world. In our home, things are much the same and our daily rhythms have proven to be such peaceful ones. I have enjoyed doing a lot of spring tidying and organizing in my room. There are a few little decorative changes that I've been wanting to make and one of them was to be able to hang up my apron collection. I found some lovely little hooks on Amazon and they were just what I had in mind. Now, my aprons are happily hanging on three little hooks in my room, and I am ever so giddy about that! I'll be sure to show a picture sometime soon.
This weekend, we are planning on getting some things done around the house. My parents are working on getting rid of some overgrown, massively wild weeds in our yard as well as some tangled vines of who knows what that was here since the previous owners lived here. This is a rather large project so it's taking some time. Last year, they put in a new picket fence and worked on other yard projects, but this is this year's big task.
We have been so enjoying some lovely spring weather lately. There have been plenty of rainy days, too, and some thunderstormy nights, which I love. It has been such a treat to go out in our garden and see what's blooming every few days, for it seems that whenever I pop outdoors something new is to be discovered. These flowers in the photos here are one of those new wonders. For the life of me, I do not remember them from last year, but alas, here they are and they are the most delicate, gentle flowery blooms I ever did see. They are growing on a tree near the gate to our back garden, in an area which truly looks and feels like a secret, enchanted garden. I'm enjoying these spring days before the summer heat and humidity sets in, though to be honest, I'm rather looking forward to summer this year because of all the beauty that the season holds in nature as well as getting to enjoy some yummy summery recipes. {{smiles}}
Days at home have been filled with lots to do, as always. As I mentioned, spring tidying and organizing have been on my daily routine for the last while. It's so nice to get things refreshed and put in their proper places. I've also decided it's high time to get out my sewing machine and set to work on a few projects that I've recently pondered. After a bit of vacuuming and window washing, I'll bring up our craft table to my room and my room will officially be a crafty work center for the next wee while. Oh, I can't wait! It's been way too long since I did any bit of sewing and I can't wait!
My mom, sister and I have been spending our evenings and nights watching old seasons of "The Amazing Race". My word! This show is quite addictive and we often find ourselves setting out to watch just one or two episodes and end up watching three or four late into the night. It's the best fun and we laugh so hard whilst watching the teams compete in some, oftentimes, difficult and odd tasks. Have you ever watched this show?
This was a rambly post if I ever saw one, but I wanted to share some of the delights that I savoured in April. I'd love to hear what delighted you this last month, so please do share below!
Here's to welcoming May with open arms and cheerful gladness...
may your weekend be a beauty!
♥



