Good morning, lovelies!
In my most recent vlog, I invited you into my kitchen for a bit of baking. I shared two of our favorite muffins, and after several requests, I'm sharing the entire recipes here. Today, it's all about the heavenly pairing of peanut butter and chocolate. Truly, I can't think of a better or more perfect combination. We all love these two paired together in just about anything, and these muffins are no exception. The recipe also calls for ripened bananas, so it's the perfect excuse to use up those brown bananas sitting on your counters.
What do you say? Let's get baking!
Monkey Muffins
1 stick melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. milk (regular or dairy-free)
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk, mashed bananas, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Then, gently add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
Prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick coating. Scoop out the batter into the tins. Bake at 350*F for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool slightly before eating them.
They taste especially delicious with a glass of cold milk (or unsweetened vanilla almond milk...our favorite!).
Enjoy!
Be sure to come back tomorrow because I'll be sharing my family's heirloom recipe for old-fashioned blueberry muffins. They're scrummy and irresistible!
Wishing you all a most lovely Mother's Day!
♥

