Monday, April 6

From My Inglenook ♥ April Musings




for the beauty of the earth

Before our state went into "lockdown", my mom, sister and I spent a sunny Saturday afternoon going on a wee nature drive. We simply drove to a couple nearby parks and the town center just up the road to admire the flowers blooming and just to soak up the sun and breathe in some good fresh air. The tulips were in full bloom and quite cheerfully dancing in the gentle breeze. Azaleas were boasting bright colors, even though it seemed a bit early in the season. The daffodils were quietly swaying in tune with the wind and we even saw our own "white way of delight" with a gorgeous row of Bradford Pear trees in full bloom. And of course, I can't forget the redbud tree and all its glorious blossoms right outside my bedroom window...such a lovely thing to look out at. When we sit outside these days (instead of going out and about), the scent of freshly cut grass and the sweet song of birds chirping fills the air and I am filled with little reminders of hope and the goodness that is still alive in the world.  Springtime offers so many promises and I think that now, more than ever, we all need to be reminded of those promises...and how amazing that a flower blooming or a tree covered in big, bright, green leaves or a bird singing it's sweet song can offer that to us. What a grace!

musical treasures

Instrumental music soundtracks have been my go-to here lately. Particularly the music from the 1994 version of Little Women as well as Pride and Prejudice. I find the gentle, soft melodies calming to my spirit and easy for my mind to listen to at this time. They've accompanied me as I've cooked and baked and done a bit of crafting and writing in the evenings.

bookish ramblings

As I mentioned in my post on Saturday, I just finished Just Let Go by Courtney Walsh and yesterday morning, I began a cozy tea shop mystery book. I've only just started it, but so far, it looks like something that I'm going to really enjoy!



in the world of TV and movies

I've been thoroughly enjoying a sweet K-drama these last few weeks and am right in the middle of the series at the moment. We've also enjoyed watching The Middle again; it's one of our very favorites and such a nice escape these days. It's hilarious and light and I just love it!

a grateful heart

Warmer weather, sunny days and blue skies, homecooked dinners and freshly-baked muffins, music and books and poems, time with my family, our home sweet home, our sweet fur babies.

from my kitchen

The kitchen is a place for me to escape for a while...it has it's advantages, you know! We get to enjoy some really tasty things as a result, so I don't think any of us are complaining. On Friday night I made a favorite chicken herb pasta dish for dinner...delish! We also had some bananas that were a bit ripe and needing to be used up, so I came up with a banana spice muffin recipe (with a crumble topping!!) which I will be sharing later this week. Trust me when I say they were awesome! {{smiles}}

fashionable fun

Spring days mean old jeans rolled up to capris and a three-quartered length striped shirt and the most comfortable sandals on the planet. 



((recipe coming later this week!))


home and hearth

Right now, I am especially thankful for a cozy home. These last weeks have impressed the importance of home on me even stronger than they already were. We were homebodies already, but because of the current situation, we've spent even more time here and we have all said multiple times just how much we love our home and having our lives here. We cook and bake and listen to music and watch funny videos and old favorite show and movies. We sit in our yard and chat and laugh together. We seek new and fun ways to make it extra cozy and homey and comforting. We watch our furries play and chase each other and do all their funny things. We play games and act like total weirdos and just have fun. Home is truly a gift and I'm thankful that I've always known that, but I'm even more thankful for it now.

my cup overflows

Before I came upstairs this evening, I made myself a French vanilla iced coffee, but right now I've got a mason jar full of water. That's my go-to drink and I rarely drink anything else. And in all honesty, it's my favorite.

these are a few of my favorite things

I'm loving my Hope's Table cookbook still...my mom is too! She has stolen borrowed it and made dinner out it several times last week. FYI: It's still in her book stack. {{winks}} Also, these sandals here...they're the ones I mentioned above and I don't know how I ever lived without them! Hee!

for the love of words

In the rush to return to normal, use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to.
-Dave Hollis

I think that quote is profoundly wise and worth pondering for longer than a hot minute. Even though the world is a eager to get things back to normal (I'm right there with you), I think we would all do well to really pause and think about how we wish to live in the future. What really matters and returning to that which is truly important. Perhaps going back to a simpler, slower, gentler way of life. More in harmony with the earth and kinder to the planet as well. Seeking to be good stewards of Mother Earth. Just a thought.


((now that I'm looking at this picture, I realize that I need to add another birdie at the far right end and adjust the spacing...so ignore the bad spacing.)


crafting and creating

I saw a lovely little paper bunting on Instagram a couple weeks ago and it reminded me of one that I have hanging in my room. I made it probably five years ago and it has a butterfly and flower design. I decided, after being inspired by that IG post, to make a new one with a bird and leaf design...which is what the one that inspired me looked like. I have it hanging on my window and I absolutely love how it looks! The only thing I think I want to change at some point (when the craft shops open again) is to cut the shapes out onto pretty floral scrapbook paper. I think it would stand out a bit better than the white, but for now, I just used what I had and am quite content with the result. Paper buntings are one of my favorite things, so you never know...I may just make another one for somewhere else!


I'd love to hear some of what's been happening in your corner of the world, dear friends? So, please do share below...and let's chat! 

Grace and peace be with you this week!