Monday, April 13

A Dozen Small But Sure Happinesses ♥ My List


Happiness is not only the most amazing and dazzling things that happen in life, 
but also the smallest and subtle joys that have been quietly connecting your life, 
like threading glass pearls on a necklace.
~Anne of Green Gables~


As the above quote says, happiness isn't always grand and doesn't always mean something life-changing is taking place. Certainly, there are those moments in life, but more often than not, happiness is right under our nose. But how often do we not even realize it, or worse, how often do we ignore it? I believe that one secret to rich, abundant living is noticing. And being happy often means that we need to notice what's right in front of us.

Every now and then, over the last while, I've seen people making lists like this. They are a way of reminding ourselves of the little things in life that make us happy. These lists are as unique as the people who write and share them. Each person will obviously have different things that bring them sure happiness, but I think that on every single list, one thing is common and that is...NOTICING.


 When I set out to make my list, I chose not to dwell on it too long. Instead, I wanted it to be as organic and natural as possible. I simply say down at my computer and typed out the list as it is written here. One thing that I realized as I read my completed list is that it was so "me". The same should be true of anyone who compiles their own list. I think that's what makes these so fun to read!

I encourage you to notice more, and perhaps even make your own list of a dozen small but sure happinesses...if you do, please share them below in the comments. I would love to read yours! ♥

So...without further ado...here are my dozen small but sure happinesses...


♥ the feeling I get listening to a favorite song ♥

♥ being immersed in the middle of a really awesome book ♥


♥ adding teacups to my growing collection ♥

♥ taking photographs of nature's changing seasons and glorious beauty ♥


♥ drives in the countryside on sunny afternoons ♥

♥ the sound of rain pitter-pattering against my window, thunder in the background ♥


♥ hot tea when it's cold outside, iced tea when it's hot ♥

♥ cooking or baking without following a recipe ♥ 


♥ cozy clothes...especially leggings and sweatshirts ♥

♥ finding quotes or passages from books or poems that speak to me ♥



♥ visiting bookshops...new and used ♥

♥ tea parties...planning, preparing, and enjoying...all of it ♥


What about you...what are your dozen small but sure happinesses? Do share below!

May you NOTICE the bits of happiness right in front of you...
and may you see beauty everywhere you go!

Blessings on your week, dear friends!
 ♥




2 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet friend! I absolutely loved this list of little happinesses! What a delightful idea! It is so important to actively look for and take notice of everyday delights... Thank you for brightening my day with your beautiful pictures and words!
    I am cuddled up in bed with my knitting...still feeling a bit under the weather, so I an choosing to rest up again today. And when I get tired of knitting, I have a new book on hand!
    Happy Monday, dear Libby! Wishing you a beautiful, blessed, peaceful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Such a lovely post!
    I share many of the same things on your list.
    Mine are currently: a cup of steaming coffee on a quiet morning, a stack of books on my bedside table waiting to be read, my family gathered around the table, a full pantry, sitting by the fire on a cozy, chilly day, a visit with my mom, cuddles from my puppy, a fresh haircut and color, a walk on a spring morning, a movie with a bowl of popcorn, knowing my family is healthy and happy, peace in my heart. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!