Friday, May 2

may photo journal ♥ day two ♥ blooms


blooms ...

All around, no matter where I turn my eyes, flowers and trees are blooming. Azaleas in a variety of shades creates a confetti of color nearly everywhere. Trees are full of leaves once again...lush and vibrant green. Roses are just beginning to bloom and the sweet scent of honeysuckle filles the air with that delicious, intoxicating scent that lingers in the air all day long. And our dogwood trees are bursting forth with these gorgeous white flowers...and I happily captured them in the photo above. I absolutely adore dogwood trees. Beautiful in the autumn with rich red leaves and beautiful in the springtime with white flowers. Ah...the beauty of nature as she wakes up from her winter slumber. Little surprises to be discovered each and every time I step out my door.

What's blooming in your corner of the world?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I love dogwoods, but I'm pretty sure they don't grow in our part of the country. I've never seen them in my area. California poppies are one flower I have growing in abundance in my yard, and they are so gorgeous. I also have lilacs, and they have such an amazing scent. I never thought I'd be able to grow lilacs here, but lo and behold, someone gave us some cuttings, and they took off. I've been meaning to plant some zinnia seeds...I did last year, and they attracted so many bees and butterflies to our yard. Also blooming...our tomato and zucchini plants are blossoming, and that's pretty exciting because there's nothing like garden fresh veggies. -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!