wonder ...
As I stood in the grass, mosquitoes swarming me and the sweet, intoxicating scent of honeysuckle circling round me, I looked up. I was encircled by nature. The gentle, kind, ancient ways of nature. Trees and only trees. Green, bright, deep, vivid, green. Lush, full, thick...a forest of trees everywhere I look. Bits of sky peeping through, and glimmers of sunlight shining through the leaves dancing int he breeze.
I'm thankful to live under a canopy of green. Whenever I look up, I nearly only see green, with teeny bits of blue sky and puffy clouds poking through. I don't mind one bit being covered and surrounded and within nature. It's peaceful, it's quiet, it's calming, it's healing. It's comforting and lifegiving. It's beauty and magic and wonder all tied together. It's home.
Today, my hope for you is that you will take a moment and go out into nature, whatever that looks like where you call home. Look up and close your eyes. Breathe in and breathe out...slowly. Let that gentle kindness of nature fill you from the inside. Open your eyes and notice what's above you. Drink it in, soak it up, savour every tiny bit of it. Be filled with gratitude for the utter beauty and peacefulness of it all. This, this right here...this is what it means to encounter the magic of an ordinary moment. And you, yes you...you get to be a part of it. What a wonder!
Come back here and tell me...what did you see when you looked up?