Sunday, September 1

five little things from august . . .


five little things from A U G U S T . . .

♥ reading an absolute delight of a story. I'll be sharing all about my summertime reads in a wrap-up post come autumn. 

♥ my sister's birthday dessert...pictured above. homemade chocolate chip skillet cookie made with wholesome ingredients, homemade maple date ice cream, homemade chocolate hardening syrup made with wholesome ingredients, freshly whipped cream sweetened with a drizzle of honey, and chopped pecans. obsessed.

♥ vera. i've slowly become obsessed with this show. i thought for a long time i preferred shetland, but now i'm changing my mind. i love them equally.

♥ chicken and rice. one of the simplest recipes on the planet but i just love it. come autumn and winter, it's going to be a regular...as if it's not already. simple really is the best, and this recipe just proves it. let me know if you want me to share the recipe.

♥ and violet. more on that next week, though. 

what are five little things from your august? do share!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    Your sister's birthday dessert looks so delicious! Yum! I'll bet it was fun to make.

    Five little things from August:
    -Books... I read "Love Came Laughing By" by Emilie Loring. It was pretty good, but the old-fashioned writing style was somewhat difficult to get used to. I'm about to begin "The Telephone Box Library."

    -Seasonal produce...Found a new to me u-pick farm + farmer's market. We picked a ton of fresh fruits and veggies that day. It was fun to make meals based on our fresh produce.

    -Ice cream...We made plum ice cream and fig ice cream from our u-pick fruit. The fig ice cream turned out such a pretty purple color!

    -Flowers...We were out running errands one day, and I decided to take the back roads home instead of the freeway. We happened upon the most beautiful long row of flowers that had been planted as a border around a huge property out in the country. It was sunflowers in the back, with zinnias, marigolds, and cosmos in front. It was a literal, towering wall of flowers, so incredibly breathtaking! We stopped to take some pictures--it was so gorgeous. I am grateful for little unexpected moments like these.

    -Creative thrift...or waste not, want not. I took most of my yarn odds and ends and leftover skeins and crocheted an afghan of wildly clashing colors. Nothing matches, but at least it will be a nice and warm couch or armchair blanket in the wintertime.

    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!