Dearest friends,
A very happy new year to you! I do hope your 2024 is off to a lovely start.
You've perhaps noticed a bit of a change here at my little cozy corner...
For the last year, I've felt within my heart a desire to change the name of my blog. I've been blogging under the name "Ponderings from the Inglenook" for 6.5 years and while I still do very much love that name, it just didn't speak to my soul in the same way anymore. I am the kind of person who feels, sees, tastes, hears, smells...words. I know that may sound strange, but it's just the way I am. I associate certain colors, sounds, textures, landscapes, moods, etc. with words. And for awhile now, my previous blog name just didn't vibe with me. It didn't give me the mental picture...an imaginative painting, if you will...that I wanted. So I played around here and there with names and such, but nothing felt right. Nothing gave me that magical feeling...that serendipitous feeling.
Then during the week between Christmas and New Year's, I began pondering what I wanted my blog name to feel like...I began to paint a picture in my mind of what I wanted. And after much musing, I am nothing short of utterly delighted to welcome you to...
Inkberry Hill Cottage.
This name has a story and deeper meaning behind it, as does nearly everything when it comes to me. But that, perhaps, is a story for another day. It's just something that means a good deal to me, nothing necessarily profound or incredibly deep, but meaningful and special for me. And that's what matters. Oh, and it was indeed serendipitous and magical the way I came to this name. ♥
I have long thought of this blog...my little cozy corner...as a cottage. A place for me to welcome you at the front door with an invitation to come in for a cup of tea and a biscuit or two and to sit by the hearth and enjoy the coziness of the firelight and candles flickering on the coffee table. A place to share beautiful, lovely, lifegiving things that bring delight to me, to you, to the world. To make this world a more beautiful place. And this new name really embodies that desire...the main page is what I call the sitting room. Then I have a room known as the library where you'll find a list of all my favorite books, movies, etc. I'll be adding the pantry soon, where you'll find a collection of all the recipes I've shared here over the years. And who knows, maybe, in time, other rooms will be added to this little cottage.
This wee cottage of mine is still under a bit of construction. The links in my older posts aren't quite edited and updated yet. But I'm working on it bit by bit. I didn't want to wait until I was all done with the updating to finally share, because I'm just taking it bit by bit and it may be awhile before everything is totally updated. I couldn't wait to share this change with you...I'm so giddy to welcome you to this cozy cottage.
I hope you feel at home here...as always. Nothing changes in terms of what I'll be sharing. This is just a name change, mostly for my heart and soul to be content. Oh, and I'm so glad you're here!
My next post will finally be my Christmas home tour. I know it's January, but I still hope you enjoy it. I've only been able to get around normally and do things other than sit with my foot elevated in the last few days. I finally wore normal shoes this week! But my foot is feeling almost all the way back to normal now and I can't wait to get that post (and maybe vlog???) together to share with you.
Happy New Year, friends! I hope this is a year full of beauty, magic, wonder, delight, and happiness!
Thank you for being here...
cheers to another year of sharing together that which is beautiful, lifegiving, and lovely!
♥ ♥ ♥
