Hello, my lovely reading friends...
I'm back today with another smoothie recipe that we've recently added to our favorites collection. And I'm so excited that I get to share it with you today.
Over the last ten years or so, I've seen this recipe floating around on Pinterest here and there. It's been on my "to try" list for the longest time, but it was just something I never got around to. Until a few weeks ago, that is. And ever since, I've literally made this almost everyday for us to enjoy in the evenings. It is a healthy alternative to a sweet treat or dessert and it’s full of ingredients that are actually good for you.
The original recipe didn't taste the best to us, so I tweaked it ever so slightly and the end result was a magical concoction of chocolatey goodness that we literally cannot get enough of. It satisfies that sweet tooth craving and you don't feel like crud afterwards.
Here's how you make it.
(I usually double this recipe to serve three people.)
The Best Choco-Banana Smoothie
1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
1 cup almond milk (see note below)
about a dozen ice cubes
1/2 tsp. vanilla
drizzle of honey, according to your taste (I use probably about 1/2 Tbsp.)
just under 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
Pour everything into your blender and mix until thoroughly combined and silky smooth. Pour into some pretty glasses and enjoy!
Note: I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my smoothies. This really gives them an extra yummy flavor! It's my secret for the perfect smoothie!
Do let me know if you give this recipe a try! And I'd love to hear your favorite smoothie recipes, so feel free to share below!
May your day be splendid in every way!
♥ ♥ ♥