Tuesday, September 14

from my inglenook ♥ september ponderings







outside my window

Slowly, but surely, the lush green of the trees is fading. Not into autumnal colors quite yet; in my corner of the world, that usually isn't until late October. But I can tell a difference in the shades of green on the leaves...autumn is tip-toeing in, bit by bit. We've had the most delightful end-of-summer weather these last couple of weeks, not going above 90 but just one or two days. And the nights are definitely getting cooler. Even our kitties, who are all 100% indoors, can sense the change of seasons coming. They have retreated to their usual cooler weather places to hang out and rest...on top of thick blankets, puffy cat beds and on warming mats that, in the warmer months, they have zero interest in. This in-between time of still summer/almost autumn is one of preparing for the coming season and anticipating it with giddy hearts...and I think the earth feels that giddy anticipation, too.


musical treasures

Instrumental music has been my jam here lately. I find it so calming and soothing and ever so delightful. I enjoy the soundtracks from the 1994 Little Women, 2005 Pride and Prejudice, Call the Midwife, Miss Potter, Lord of the Rings, as well as this lovely music from the Shire and this Studio Ghibli compilation. They are such wonderful things to listen to as I write in the evenings (especially for my October series!) or work on homekeeping tasks or craft projects or cook dinner. Really, they're perfect for anything at all!


bookish ramblings

I'm not going to say anything here because I will share a full post of all my summer reads at the end of this month. I can't wait to share these books with you all, my fellow book girls!


in the world of TV and movies

This week, I binge-watched a fun Korean drama called, Lovestruck in the City. And a couple weeks ago I finished what has got to be one of my all-time favorite K-dramas I've ever seen. It was the sweetest, most heartwarming story and I'm not over it yet. Thirty But Seventeen (also called Still Seventeen) is definitely one that I recommend a hundred times over...be still my heart. A show that can make you cry and laugh within minutes of each other is a real winner...this one was special. It was the sweetest! 

Last night, we also watched Paddington for the first time. It was the best movie I've seen in awhile and such a cute one at that! The Brown family's home is now officially on my list of fictional dream houses, too. {{smiles}} 


a grateful heart

I'm grateful for rainy days (I seriously love them!), crafting supplies to make cute things for our home, watching a favorite drama with my mom and sister in the evenings, yummy smoothies at night whilst watching said drama, twinkly fairy lights making their seasonal return, seeing autumn decorations pop up over town and in gardens of homes, the tiny meows of our sweet fur babies, laughing so much my stomach aches and my cheeks hurt.


from my kitchen

I've been compiling a notebook of seasonal foods I want to make during autumn and winter. This has been a yearly tradition of mine since I was probably fifteen years old. Aside from that, I made a wonderfully delicious new chicken recipe in our air fryer last week. And my mom made some incredible "crack chicken" last night. Both of these recipes are insanely delicious!


fashionable fun

Leggings, camisole and a navy blue cardie...it's just barely not too hot for a cardigan and I've declared it officially okay to wear one without nearly dying of heat. It's rather lovely to have them out again.


home and hearth

Autumnal cleaning and decorating. And more of that...and then some more.


these are a few of my favorite things

I've recently rediscovered the fun of Pinterest. I used it all the time back when it first was a thing, probably ten years ago. Then I sort of forgot about it. Now I'm loving it again...for book recommendations, new quotes to add to my journals, recipes to try, natural living ideas and crafting tutorials. You can follow me here if you're on Pinterest yourself.

I've also pulled out all my autumn issues of Bella Grace as well as the Cozy Issues. It's been fun rummaging through them again...and last week I got the new autumn issue. They are perfect for chilling out with a cup of tea in the evenings.

And, finally, a few weeks ago, my mom, sister and I went to the local community library's bookshop. They have two rooms full of used books for ridiculously low prices. Needless to say, we came home with a box full...and I found season one of Call the Midwife in perfect condition for just $5. Ooh, that made me so happy!


for the love of words

Happiness is in the quiet, ordinary things. A table, a chair, a book...

and the petal falling from the rose, and the light flickering as we sit silent.

(Virginia Woolf)


crafting and creating

At the moment, I'm in the middle of two embroidery projects that I want to complete this autumn. And I bought supplies at the shops last week for two seasonal crafts that I hope to set to work on very, very soon. I've also been perusing Pinterest as well as ideas I've stored up for craft ideas for autumn and Christmas. So many crafts, so little time! Hee!

....................................................................................................................................................................

Do tell me what's going on in your corner of the world, dear ones...

Until my next post, may your days be cheery and blissful!