Today I wanted to share something that's been on my heart...
I hope you find encouragement and inspiration in this post and leave refreshed and renewed as you go about your day ♥
We live in a day and age of constant go. From the moment you get up in the morning, you hit the ground running. And you don't stop until your head hits the pillow at night. Then it's time to do it over again before you can even imagine that another day has come.
We all need moments of rest, of relaxation. Moments of stillness and times to be quiet and simply be. Laura Ingalls Wilder spoke some lovely words...
Some things like sunshine and fresh air are hard to beat.
Friends, sometimes we all need to just step away from the busy and from the day-to-day, and enjoy some of the simple things in life, such as sunshine and fresh air. One of my favorite things to do is to go driving through the countryside. There's absolutely nothing like the wide open spaces, being in nature, and admiring the vast beauty of the earth. And, every single time I do that, I come away with a clear perspective, an uncluttered mind, a fresh attitude, and a gratefulness for simplicity.
Busyness is praised and encouraged in our culture today. And while there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing things and getting things done, we also need time to be still. Time to stop and smell the roses, if you will.
The point of home is to be a refuge for the soul, a place where beauty can be encountered, truth told, goodness touched and known. It's why home needs hush as well as bustle, silence as well as song. We can choose to never be quiet or alone. But it is only in the hushed spaces that we can clearly hear all that echoes in quiet skies, in the eyes of children, in our own inner voices. Silence is where we dream, create, and pray, and we need it desperately.
~"The Lifegiving Home" by Sally and Sarah Clarkson
I share this post today to challenge you to stop and smell the roses, to take moments in your day to be still and take in the beauty around you. To love the people you are surrounded by. To enjoy the little things.
For then, we will be able to see, enjoy, and taste the fullness of life.
Bless you, dear ones!
♥



Beautifully written sweet friend. You shared so much wisdom today...thank you for the lovely encouragement to slow down and appreciate the little things in life. Love to you, dear Libby
ReplyDeleteA lovely post, Elizabeth. My neighbors probably think of me as a crazy old lady because I enjoy watching and even talking to the birds, bunnies, and squirrels in my backyard! I have been enjoying all your posts, and I love the idea of "intentional reading." For several years now, I have been choosing to read (as much as possible because sometimes one can be fooled) gentle, wholesome (often vintage) fiction books, along with uplifting non-fiction. And the Bible, of course. :) BTW, I recently purchased The Lifegiving Home and look forward to reading it (might be later in the Spring). Blessings, Bess
ReplyDelete