Tuesday, May 15

A Springtime Tea Party...


Lovely greetings to you, dear friends!

Today, I am so excited to share a wee little springtime tea party with you. Last month, I had the joy of participating in a wonderful event that has become a much-anticipated event for me. Stephanie over at The Enchanting Rose has been hosting this teacup and mug exchange for a number of years now, and this was my fifth time to join in on all the fun.   

I had such a fun time getting the information for the ladies that I would be sending to. I set out to all my favorite shops to find little treasures that I hoped the ladies would love and enjoy. 

Neither of the ladies that I sent to have a blog, so I'll share what I sent to them here...


For my teacup package, I sent to Sarah in Missouri. I found a delightful tea set, complete with teacup and saucer along with a creamer and sugar bowl. Oh, my heart was set on this little trio, so I just knew I had to get it! It was exactly what I was looking for and hoping to find for my partner. 


Along with the tea set, I send Sarah some cute napkins, chocolates, a variety of teas, honey spoons, notecards, a journal, cupcake liners, and stickers. (A bookmark and little note were also included in the package. I just forgot to include them in the picture.) A funny little side note about the notecards: In the information that Stephanie sent me about Sarah, I learned that she liked things with a cactus design. Well, sure enough, I came across a set of notecards with a pretty cactus design on them...perfect!


For a little nibble to go along with the teas that I sent, I included a box of Walker's shortbread...which I can say from personal experience tastes amazing! I also came across a cute tea towel with a Paris design and a box of three macaroons that looked divine! I wanted to get some for myself, but I restrained myself! {{smiles}}


For my mug package, I sent to Rosalyn in England. Oh, I was so excited to send a package all the way to beautiful England! 

She had mentioned that owls were a favorite of hers, and I can totally relate! Owls are a favorite of mine, too! I was just a bit thrilled when I saw this mug, and what's even better is that she mentioned that blue and brown were some of her favorite colors. If this mug wasn't meant to be, I don't know what was!


Along with the mug, I sent Rosalyn a variety of tea, packets of hot chocolate and apple cider, chocolates, a pair of coasters, honey spoons, note cards, a tea towel, macaroons, spring napkins, a journal, bookmark, personal note, an owl decoration, and horse sign.

I had oodles of fun picking out all the items, putting the packages together and being able to send to two lovely ladies. I love how putting these types of packages together brings out my creative side and imagination in picking out all the lovely bits and pieces to make a package that I hope will be special to the recipients. Both of these ladies sent me the most lovely thank you notes, and they brought such delight to my day!


As for what I received...well, you'll soon see that I was blessed with some beautiful packages. 

The lovely lady that sent me my teacup package was none other than Stephanie, the hostess herself! You can imagine my excitement when I saw her name on the return label of the package when I picked it up off the front porch. She put together a magnificent package, complete with treasures and goodies that are so "me". It couldn't have been more perfect if I'd picked it all out myself! 


This gorgeous tea set is so delicate and dainty. The floral design and colors are my definition of exquisite. I love the unique design of the handle and bottom part of the teacup...the little wavy, scallop design is so different than any I've seen. 

 
Also included in the package were some edible doilies and chocolates. The chocolates didn't last long,  I'll have you know. {{winks}} And I literally squealed when I saw these doilies..whoever came up with this idea is a genius! To be fair, I squealed many times when opening the little treasures in the package!


A lovely, handmade napkin complete with a little teaspoon...


A handmade fabric basket full of peppermint tea and a tin of cranberry tea...
I'd never had cranberry tea before, but now I can say it is a true favorite of mine! 
Not only does it smell heavenly, it tastes amazing, too!


A cute, handmade tea bag gift tag, which Stephanie personalized with a little note on the back...


A delightfully sweet personal note from the sender herself...


Stephanie also included a number of tea time recipes in with all the goodies she sent. What Stephanie doesn't know is that she basically contributed half of the recipes for our Mother's Day tea! I'll be sharing all about the tea party soon, but just so you know...the recipes are all winners!


Two stunning pocket cards, full of many little lovelies tucked in...


And some lovely little scrapbook stickers, which I'm thinking I may use some of them in my Bible...I like adding little touches like this to different pages as I read...


Finally, Stephanie included all of the amazing treasures in this splendid box, which as you can see has a bird on it...and if you know me, you know birds are a favorite of mine! This box is a keeper in itself and is the perfect place to keep collections of little things.

Stephanie, thank you so very much for all these lovely treasures! You went above and beyond and picked out everything perfectly...it was all me to a T. Everything is so pretty and special and perfect!


My mug package came from LeAnna in Illinois, and she picked out the perfect mug! Let me just say that this mug is so ME! It's a design from the Pioneer Woman, and I've admired many of her mugs before. I have one, but not this one...the one I have has a more plain design, so I love the pop of COLOR that this mug has. It is a perfect size too!

She also included a set of beautiful, crocheted doilies. I'm assuming that LeAnna made these and boy, are they stunning! Look at the intricate details of the larger one under the mug!


Little personal sized cake mixes, a variety of teas, hot chocolate and chewing gum were also in the package...she also included many bits of chocolate, but they somehow didn't make it to the photoshoot. {{winks}}


A lovely skein of yarn, little sticky notes in the shape of a flower, a pineapple decoration (it looks great on my shelf!), erasers too cute to use and a sweet personal note was also tucked inside. 

She did an amazing job of putting this package together...everything is just perfect. Thank you so much, LeAnna, for all the goodies that you sent. I am loving them all and will enjoy using them for years to come as well!   

Well, friends, that's the end of our tea party...
BUT...
I'll have more tea posts coming up shortly! From a Mother's Day tea party and many recipes from that day (quiche, special iced tea, berry galette, trifle, and a tea cake!) to a Royal Wedding tea party and recipes from that, there's plenty of tea time posts coming.

Thank you so much for joining me for this springtime tea party...
and thank you to dear Stephanie for hosting yet another successful, fun, wonderful and special exchange! I'm looking forward to the next one...because I know, personally, just how awesome they are!

May your day be a lovely one, dear friends! 
Enjoy some rest and beauty today, and a cup of tea, too!

18 comments:

  1. Oh Libby, my dear friend. . .
    What a beautiful tea time post! I truly enjoyed my visit with you this morning. . .
    What a gorgeous tea set you sent Sarah - oh my goodness, I am in love with it! I know she must have been delighted to receive such a beautiful, thoughtful package from you, sweet friend! Oh, and I love the owl mug - what a fabulous find! Oh, you put together such wonderful packages, Libby. . . Thus, it makes my heart to happy to know dear Stephanie blessed you with such amazing goodies! She is so sweet and puts so much effort into her tea cup exchanges - how I would have loved to have joined! {{smiles}} The tea cup she picked up for you is very elegant and oh! What a pretty journal and notecards...enjoy your reading!
    Ah, you have put a smile on my face this Autumn morning, my friend. . .
    Much dear love to you, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sweet friend!

      What a joy to have you pop in for a visit! I'm so happy that you enjoyed this springtime tea party on a lovely autumn morning {{winks}}

      Yes, I would agree...the teas set that I sent to Sarah was just beautiful! I fell in love with it...and it took great determination to not want to keep it myself! The shop had such a grand selection of teacups and such that day, which isn't always the case. I was very thankful for that!

      Oh, I was beyond excited and as giddy as a school girl when I saw Stephanie's name on the return address...so much fun! And she has such a gift for putting together a package full of love and thoughtfulness and picking treasures that are just perfect! I was glad to be able to join in this time, as I had to miss out on the last two because we were travelling both times.

      Thank you for coming by! Have a beautiful upcoming week!

      Love and hugs!

      Delete
  2. Oh what lovely tea packages! Your tea ladies sure know how to put together the perfect tea package. Enjoy your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by...wishing you a lovely and blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Libby, this was such a delightful post!
    I enjoyed your enthusiasm, pure joy. :-)
    Everything, you sent and received was gorgeous. That teacup you sent out is absolutely gorgeous.
    When Stephanie showed me the teacup she sent to you I was in awe of its beauty.
    You have been blessed in deed, so much love poured into each gift package.

    Bless you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Debbie~

      Oh, I'm so glad you stopped by for a little visit...Stephanie sure puts on a marvellous event! You sure have a gem of a daughter {{smiles}}

      I just loved the gorgeous tea set that Stephanie sent...it is so exquisite and unique! It is a beauty!

      Wishing you a lovely and blessed Sunday...joy and peace to you!

      Delete
  4. Wow, every single package on your post was amazing! I have that same Pioneer Woman mug and it's one of my favorites! :) I really enjoyed your post. You blessed your partners greatly, and in turn you were blessed greatly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Yes, that Pioneer Woman mug is simply beautiful! I just love the floral design and pretty, cheerful colors. I hope you had a wonderful time participating in Stephanie's exchange...she always puts on such a lovely and fun event {{smiles}}

      Wishing you a blessed Sunday! Joy and peace to you!

      Delete
  5. All these packages look so nice. How fun for you to have Stephanie send to you. :-) I have some measuring cups from the Pioneer Woman collection and I enjoy using them as little bowls for various things. It's a beautiful collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,

      Thank you so much for stopping by my blog...it was a joy to have you!

      The Pioneer Woman collection is just beautiful, isn't it?!?! I do love the floral designs and all the pretty, cheerful colors.

      I hope you enjoyed participating in Stephanie's exchange...it is always such a fun event! I'm sure you would agree {{smiles}}

      Wishing you a lovely and blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  6. Good morning, my lovely friend. I think I am going "crazy" because I thought I had commented on your post, but alas, I see that I have not.

    First of all, everything you sent took my breath away. You put a lot of love and time into your packages and I have no doubt that the recipients were incredibly blessed. You have such a generous heart, my friend.

    I can't tell you how much fun I had putting your package together. I loved picking out things that I hoped you would enjoy. Please know that it was like a gift to me to send you a gift...does that make sense?! :)

    Thank you for joining the exchange, dear one. And thank you for the kind and gracious comment on my blog yesterday. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you, sweet friend! Oh, how glad I am that you popped in for a little visit {{smiles}}

      Dear Stephanie, oh how fun this exchange was! I must admit that I had such an enjoyable time searching for the perfect items to send to my partners. I just love putting together little surprises and picking out such pretty items.

      And the package you put together for me...why, it was just splendid! I am still enjoying all the goodies you sent...just this morning we all enjoyed a pot of cranberry tea whilst we watched the Royal Wedding. Oh, was it ever so tasty! Definitely a new favorite of mine {{smiles}} Thank you again for your generous kindness and love...you are such a gift!

      I hope you are well and enjoying some lovely springtime weather...we've had a bit of rain here lately. But I will say that I don't mind it one bit! It makes everything so green and lush and the scent of the air just after a springtime rain...well, it's just heavenly!

      Wishing you a blessed Sunday! ♥ Sending love and hugs!

      Delete
  7. You have put in a lovely packaged for your partners . The package you receive from Stephanie is stunning. Looks like we both received the same mug from our partners. Wishing you a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Lillie :) Oh, how fun that you received the same mug...it sure is pretty and cheerful, isn't it? Wishing you a blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  8. Such lovely things you sent and received! First I adore that sweet little tea set you sent to Sarah. It is just lovely! The owl mug and other goodies you sent all the way to England was no doubt received with delight! It's fun to pick out things with interests in mind...I'm sure she loved that little owl mug.

    The package you received from Stephanie was gorgeous. The tea cup trio was so pretty and all of her handmade touches make it even sweeter. Your pioneer woman mug package is all wonderful, I love Pioneer Woman designs. The doilies are so pretty!!! Enjoy all your new things! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Linda! Such a delight to have you here :)

      The exchange was such a fun event! All the lovely goodies were such sweet surprises...both sending and receiving! I, too, love the Pioneer Woman's designs...all the flowers and happy colors are such splendid touches to useful household items.

      Wishing you a lovely and blessed Sunday! :)

      Delete
  9. What wonderful packages you received.

    The matching tea set that you sent to Sarah is lovely and owl bet that Rosalynn loved the mug package that you sent her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Margie!

      Thank you so much for stopping by...the teacup exchange sure was plenty of fun! Oh, the lovely treasures that everyone received!

      Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Joyful blessings to you!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Inkberry Hill Cottage! You are warmly welcome to share in a comment. I love chatting with kindred spirits about all things cozy, homey, and delightful!

Thank you for being here! ♥ May you notice magical moments in the nooks and crannies and tiniest pieces of your day!