A cheerful Wednesday to you, lovely friends!
Spring isn't quite in full swing around here just yet...
the temps are still on a roller coaster, and it seems like spring is taking her sweet time this year.
However, just because it may not feel like springtime outside on a daily basis quite yet,
that doesn't mean that I can't have a little spring in my home.
Today I have a lovely, simple recipe that I made up just the other night.
You see, we have become obsessed with essential oils here in our home.
My mom has been collecting them for about a year now, and we just love them.
She diffuses a blend every day and changes it up throughout the week for a bit of fun.
They sure make our home smell delightful and they also have calming and relaxation effects, too.
Last October I shared a similar recipe to the one I'm sharing today. The Warm Autumn Room Spray recipe that I posted was just that...a room spray with a warm, spicy scent, which was perfect for Autumn, Thanksgiving, Christmas and going through Winter. However, I like to make this special for each season, and I don't necessarily want a scent that is warm, spicy and reminds me of trying to get warm and cozy when it's 100 degrees outside. I like citrus, fruity, floral, and lighter scents for the warmer months. So, behold...a lovely spring and summer scented room spray.
I rummaged through my mom's large collection of little essential oil bottles and
chose orange and jasmine, simply because they smelled so very good to me!
Surprisingly, when I mixed them together, they smelled just like the
honeysuckle that we have growing wild and free on our back fence.
I LOVE that scent and was pleasantly surprised to find that the combination of those
two oils gave me that.
I love just spritzing a bit of this spray all over the house whenever I walk through.
It smells so good, you'll want to just cover the entire house with it!
I hope you will make up a bottle of this magical potion!
Wild and Free Honeysuckle Room Spray
Equal parts water and witch hazel
25 drops orange essential oil
10 drops jasmine essential oil
Combine all together in a spray bottle, shake to mix well, and then enjoy the lovely, almost-honeysuckle scent that will fill your home.

The blooming citrus room spray sounds delightful. Jasmine is my favorite scent.
ReplyDeleteYour Header is lovely. I noticed the Pink doily on there. I have one almost just like it that my Grandmother crocheted. It's one of the only things I have from her. : )
Enjoy the Spring days!
~Sheri
Thank you, dear Sheri, for stopping by my blog! I, too, love jasmine, though I must admit it is a new scent for me. Boy, was I missing out! It is just delightful {{smiles}}
DeleteThank you for the compliment on my header...I had such fun creating a colorful, cheery, springtime design. And that doily you mentioned is a favorite of mine. I actually received it in a teacup exchange that I participated in through The Enchanting Rose blog several years ago. How special that you have a special keepsake from your Grandmother. I know just how special family heirlooms and mementos are ♥
Have a lovely day!
Oh my dear friend... I love, love room spray and your recipe sounds perfectly delightful...ooh, orange and jasmine - what splendid combination of essential oils! I may just have to try it! Although with cooler weather setting in, perhaps I should make your Autumn one first! {{Smiles}} Thank you for sharing such lovely inspiration... Love and hugs to you, Libby, my friend!
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so glad that you are enjoying some lovely cooler weather! We are, too, in fact, even though it is indeed springtime. {{smiles}} I'm not complaining though, because I know the heat and humidity will come and when they do, I'll be wishing for cooler days. It is nice, however, to see full, green trees again!
DeleteI hope you get the chance to make one of these...and the autumn one...my, oh my! Does it smell just divine!
Have a lovely evening, dear friend! Love and hugs to you ♥