Sunday, August 25

the cozy wallflowers book club . . . S E P T E M B E R ♥ book

Warm greetings, bookish friends!

I can hardly believe that August is coming to a close and September is nearly here. Soon, official cozy season will be upon us and pumpkins will be on front porches everywhere you look. I cannot wait! I always think of September as a sort of "in between" period...not quite summer but not quite autumn either. Even though autumn does officially begin later on in the month, it still very much feels like summer where I live, though the lushness of the trees is subsiding, and bits of gold are peeping through if you look hard enough. September brings all those autumnal dreams of coziness and wishes for crisp air whilst still being very much in the tail end of summertime. So, like I said, an "in between" period.

And whilst I cannot wait for seasonal reads in the autumn and winter and Christmas, I have chosen September's book as a little bit of a gentle step towards that vibe. I am so delighted to share that next month we will be reading and chatting about...

{{ drum roll, please }}

The Telephone Box Library
by Rachael Lucas

This is the perfect end-of-summer, beginning-of-autumn novel. It is equal parts cozy and sunshine summertime vibes...and it even has a bit of history from World War II, as well. So much fun awaiting us in this book! And I can't wait to read it along with you all! This seriously feels like the perfect "in between" seasons book for September.

(As far as a content rating, I would say this is PG-13 and is equivalent to the show, Gilmore Girls.)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

About the book:

The Telephone Box Library is an uplifting story about fresh starts and new beginnings, set in a picturesque Cotswold village, by bestselling author Rachael Lucas.

The perfect retreat for a stressed-out teacher. And Lucy has found just the right cottage for a bargain rent. All she has to do is keep an eye on Bunty, her extremely feisty ninety-something neighbour . . .

With her West Highland terrier Hamish at her side, Lucy plans to relax and read up on the women of nearby Bletchley Park. But the villagers of Little Maudley have other ideas, and she finds herself caught up in the campaign to turn a dilapidated telephone box into a volunteer-run library.

Along the way, she makes friends with treehouse designer Sam and finds herself falling for the charms of village life. And it seems Bunty has a special connection to Bletchley and the telephone box, one that she's kept secret for decades . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

As far as acquiring this book, seeing as how it is written and published in the UK, I'm not sure if it will be available in libraries here in the States. Most of the time, when I choose books for this book club, I do so knowing that they should be easily accessible in public libraries. However, sometimes that may not be the case, as with this one. You can find copies at good prices and in great condition on Abe Books, which is always a favorite online source for used books of mine. You can check them out here.

We will gather together on Thursday, September 26th to discuss this read and I will also be sharing October's book choice then as well. So, lots of fun ahead!

I so hope you'll be joining me in September for this cozy, feel-good read. Please let me know in the comments if you'll be reading along, and as always, if you have any questions, please ask them in a comment or by using the contact form on the sidebar. 

Happy reading, cozy wallflowers!

May your day be practically perfect in every way! 
See you all back here on Thursday for our chat about The Tale of Despereaux!