(image source- Pixabay)
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it, and then hand it to them with the well fought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don’t do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free.
~ President Ronald Reagan ~
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Happy Fourth of July!
Fireworks, watermelon, yummy summertime dinner, strawberry tiramisu, corn on the cob, asparagus, bruschetta with farmers' market tomatoes, iced herbal tea, a humid and very sticky summer night, T-shirts and denim shorts and old sandals, braids and wispy hairs blowing in-the breeze, celebrating freedom and being incredibly grateful to be an American. That’s what this day is for me. Even with her flaws, and though I feel as though so many have forgotten what so many have fought so hard for, some even giving their lives so that we may have freedom, America is still the greatest nation, and I’m so thankful to call this place my home. Let freedom ring…and let us celebrate the USA! May we never forget how great America is and how great she can still be again!
I hope you all have the loveliest celebration of our great country!
Land of the free, because of the brave.
Let us never, ever forget that!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
~ Lee Greenwood ~
